Friday, December 3, 2010

So how exactly is this going to work?

Even Woy is wondering

Liverpool owner John W. Henry seems overwhelmed with the transfer rumours floating around the internet. As we all know, a lot of these are unreliable - this is a way of monitoring the news and see who is the most reliable.

Everyday, I will be taking as many rumours as I can from various sources over the internet. Because I live in New York, I do not have the chance to have hard copies of the British papers and tabloids. I am limited (is there a limit, though?) to the internet.

From there, I will cook up an excel sheet, with each source having their own page. I will list the rumoured player, and price, and finally, at the end of each transfer window, I will post a tally of who the best sources are for that particular transfer window.

February - August will be one season while September - January will be another.

The first round-ups will begin as soon as possible, but most realistically starting tomorrow, 4 December New York City time. Weekly round-ups will happen on Saturdays.

This will serve as the watchdog blog for as many websites as I can get. I'll provide a daily roundup of a few players that are heavily linked, and at the end of the week, I will post all the names that came up as well as the sources.

Since Liverpool prides itself in its fans, I encourage you to email me articles and thoughts you may have about transfer rumours, sources, or goings on. You may even email me about big rumours that I may have missed. I will feature the best ones that are submitted. Anything abusive will not be featured.

I will begin taking any submissions beginning now. Email any and all comments, suggestions, and articles to martymacsharp@gmail.com. I will do my best to address as much as I can.

The success of this blog depends highly on your support and contributions. Any help will be greatly appreciated and welcomed, so feel free to send me an email.

Let's see how this goes, shall we? If it grows enough, I may try and find more writers to help out. For now, this is the trial version.

Happy reading folks!

YNWA,
Marty MacSharp

6 comments:

  1. Marty,
    This an absolutely brilliant idea! I have been wanting to do this for some time in order to keep track of all the different players rumored to be coming to Anfield. Thank you for putting this together. Truly appreciate it.

    I will try to do my best to help out and send as many rumors your way as I can. Looking forward to reading your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mitch! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    It's the supporters' club, and we can all do our part to make this successful!

    YNWA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this looks like a potentially good web site!

    I'd like to see how the data flow would be like in such system. Are you planning to build on this blog, or are there further any thoughts on setting up a functional web site with 'Users', 'Rumours', 'Votesystem' ('credibility'), etc.?

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erlend,

    As we continue to grow, we will be adding on features and be interactive. We're only less than a day old, so we're still getting used to this whole thing. I'm currently building a global team so that we can cover all the bases when it comes to newswires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marty,

    I see. I'm not your contact when it comes to rumours or ongoings, but I might contribute in some other way. It could be technical (web) or graphics related, or what ever really.

    Just contact me if you need any particular help

    Cheers,
    Erlend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering that many sources simply link to stories in the others, and also that a genuine transfer may be on the verge of happening, be reported,
    but later collapse (due to failed medical, player not agreeing terms, etc), i cant see any value to this project.

    Of course it's fine if you just want to do it for your own interest, but i dont think there will be any meaningful information from it.

    ReplyDelete